Rubies House Pty Ltd ACN 625 503 906 recognize and respect the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individual’s personal information. This document is sets out how we collect, use, disclose, retain and manage your privacy information and how we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
What is personal information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify an individual.
We collect your personal information to enable us to assess your suitability and eligibility for selling or purchasing a property, for the purpose of property management services, applying for a home loans, insurance policy or for the provision of other services.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect will be depend on the services we provide to you and may include:
- Your name, residential or business address, contact phone numbers, email address
- Your employment details
- Financial information, including assets, liabilities, income, outgoings, spending patterns and credit reference reports
- Insurance details
- Credit card and banking details
- Information in respect to a will or estate
- References (e.g. to support rental arrangements)
- Copies of photo identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, student ID); or
How do we collect your personal information?
Your personal information is obtained in many ways including:
- Directly from you
- Through our website or social media
- By telephone, letter, fax or email
- During conversations between you and our representatives at information session
- By completing expression of interest form
- By entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
- completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us
In some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
This may include:
- Your representatives (e.g. solicitor, accountant or financial adviser)
Please be aware that we DO NOT guarantee website links or policy of authorized by any third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances including the following:
- If you agree to the disclosure
- When we use it for the purpose for which it was collected, e.g. as part of a sale or leasing process or in the provision of another Service
To our employees, contractors, service providers who assist us in operating our business and providing our Services
Where required or authorized by law.
To the mortgage broker and financial institutions
Access to your Personal Information
You may access to your personal information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information please contact us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Maintaining the quality of your personal information
It is an important to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
We may send you marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting email@example.com and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
This policy may change from time to time and new version is available on our website.
Rubies house Pty Ltd
308 Prospect Road, Prospect SA 5082
08 7230 1515